A big thanks to abyssbrain (aka “funny math genius” of the blogosphere) for the Liebster Award nomination! Those who hate math with a passion should pay abyssbrain’s blog a visit, because it might just persuade you to love the subject. As for those who are already in love with math, you should definitely still check it out, because it might give you a whole new perspective of looking at your favourite subject.
I’m actually very surprised about the nomination because there isn’t any particular theme or subject that really defines my blog (ie. food blog, art blog, culture blog…and etc.). In fact, most of the time I just write whatever that comes to my mind at the moment. After all, this is really just a blog to keep my mind sane (or aka a space to keep my creative processes going and to share ideas without annoying others upfront about it XD). Nevertheless, of course I am very glad that there are readers out there who enjoy reading this blog.
Anyways, the Liebster Award is an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Since I got “tagged” with the nomination, I would have to answer the ten questions posed by abyssbrain. Then, I’ll come up with ten questions to ask my Liebster Award nominees. Here are the official rules:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Okay, let’s get started.
1. What is your opinion of mathematics in general?
Mathematics is like jigsaw puzzles in general. It can be frustrating at first when you have no clue where to start with the puzzle. However, once you get a hang of it, it can be additively fun and satisfying, especially when you’re able to solve the problem. In addition, people need math in life. It is such a lie every time I hear people say that they will never get to use the math that they have learned from school. Perhaps if they’ve slowed down their pace, they would see that math is all around them in life.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how reliant are you on technology? Explain.
Technology…are we talking about stuff like the simple machines or high-tech stuff? If it’s the former, then I’ll rate it 10 out of 10, because my house wouldn’t be able to hold up the roof above me without any of the simple machine knowledge.
If it’s the latter (ie. smartphones, computers, TV, and even the Microwave, and etc.), then I’ll rate it about 5/10. I can easily get away from these technologies without any withdrawal symptoms. ^^ Oh yea, that’s assuming that no one else is pushing me to use any of these technologies (ie. boss from work).
3. What are your top 3 favorite books?
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker, and Fat Kid Rules the World by KL Going. Surprisingly, these three books have been my favourites for slightly more than a decade now…even though, I know there are a lot of great books out there.
4. If somebody ask you to give a random advice, what would you say?
“Live life half-awake and half-drunk.” — Figuratively speaking. No, I’m not promoting drunk-driving here.
5. What is the most boring and tedious thing that you have ever done?
Preparing what seemed gazillions of tax returns during tax season on a computer screen.
6. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be?
A multi-lingual diplomat. That way I would get to travel a lot and keep up my language skills. Also, I love getting to know people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures in general.
7. What are some of your happiest childhood memories?
Playing with my younger brother and the neighbour kids, pretending to be heroes or catching faeries.
8. What song best describes your life?
Runaway Train by Soul Asylum…figuratively speaking.
9. What is the most confusing movie that you have ever watched?
None that I can remember. I’m actually pretty good at deciphering movie plots…even the worse of them.
10. If you can choose any category on a quiz show, which category would you choose?
Astrology/Fortune telling…unfortunately, I know way too much about this subject for my own good. =/
Alrighty, here are my ten questions to my nine nominees (Yea, I only got nine. Bite me.):
1) The last story (book or fanfic) you’ve read…what was it about?
2) What is your biggest fear?
3) Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
4) If you’re at a zoo, which animal would you like to visit first?
5) What is your definition of “first love”?
6) What’s your favourite dish?
7) Favourite fairy tale character?
8) Everyone has at least one abnormal habit. So, what’s yours?
9) If you can travel back in time, what’s one moment in your life that you would like to travel back to?
10) If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Of course, here are my NINE nominees:
The A-Philosopher’s Chair – A blog that dedicates to making sense of life through Asian dramas. This nomination would actually be the blog’s second award nomination (for a different award though).
JoHanna Massey – Great travel experiences and photos!
with love gitana – Great veggie recipes and living tips (ie. making organic masks that would help to save hundreds of dollars on beauty products).
Jenny’s Library – Book reviews. How can one simply not love it?
Outoftheboxartists – Inspiring artworks created by a group of awesome ladies.
Ocean Calligraphy – Beautiful Chinese calligraphy. ^^
Japanisu – Japanese culture, experience, and a bit of a travel guide.
freckles for breakfast – Lovely poetry and proses.
Wackyhammer – The only blogger that I know offline (aka Food Critic). And yes, she is a bit of an eccentric.
So, there are my 9 nominees! I never really did like the number 10 anyways, because it’s too perfect. =P Anyways, please check out their awesome blogs. ^^